We are a community based, charity pre-school. We have a committee of parents who help to support the staff in providing excellent early years care, together with the Early Years Alliance; all parents are regarded as members who have full participatory rights and we welcome the good will of parents and their involvement to keep going. Our pre-school recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. All staff see themselves as partners with you in providing care and education for your child. There are many ways in which parents take part in making the our pre-school a welcoming and stimulating place for children and parents, such as:
- Exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, activities, interests and progress with the staff, via the ‘All About Me’ booklet and regular informal chats.
- Helping at sessions, coming in to share knowledge during our ‘People Who Help Us’ topic.
- Helping to provide, make and look after the equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities.
- Taking part in events and supporting us through our Helping Hands tree and Amazon wish list.
- Joining in community activities in which the pre-school takes part.
If you are interested in getting involved or helping out please get in touch with us.